Grumman Ski Club Bus Trip Info
1) ALL Bus Trips must be pre-paid IN FULL when reservations are taken.
2) ONLY Checks and cash will be accepted. Payments will be handled by the Bus Trip Leaders, NOT the Lodge Reservations Chairperson.
3) The bus will be ready to load by 5:30 PM. on Friday at the Knights of Columbus parking lot on 759 Long Island Avenue, Deer Park (Same place as the Club Meetings. PLEASE be on time. The bus will leave promptly at 6:00 p.m. LATE COMERS WILL BE LEFT BEHIND.
4) PROBLEMS: If you have a problem getting to the bus on Friday contact the Trip Leader(s) ASAP.
5) DIRECTIONS (see directions on p. 3 and map on p.4)
NOTE: If the Bus Trip parking location changes during the season, details will be printed in the newsletter when and if necessary.
6) PARKING: The Knights of Columbus Deer Park has given GSC permission to use their back parking lot (BEHIND the ball field) for bus trip parking. They have made some requests so that their normal operations are not impacted by having all our cars there over a three-day period.
A) Parking by fence: Please pull HEAD IN regardless of where on the fence you are.
B) Parking along back line of lot (by trees): park parallel to the trees (like street parking)
C) Please do NOT leave large gaps between cars so that space is conserved.
D) Utilize space furthest away from the hall first and then work in.
The KofC has been exceptionally generous in granting us this favor, so please let’s show our appreciation by cooperating fully with their requests!
7) In case of bad weather, our policy is that if the bus goes, then we go. If the trip is cancelled, the Trip Leaders will attempt to contact all members and guests scheduled to go on the trip at their DAYTIME phone numbers.
8) There are no bus stops in either direction. All buses have lavatories. The club will supply beverages and dinner GOING to the Lodge. Returning from Vermont, alcoholic beverages are not allowed on the bus.
9) Federal Law PROHIBITS SMOKING on the bus.
10) The Bus Trip generally skis at Okemo Mountain, but occasionally visits other mountains. Check the trip announcements for details.
11) The trip leaders will announce departure time(s) for the slopes. If you are not on the bus at the appointed time, it will be assumed that you have made your own plans and the bus will leave without you. If you are planning to stay at the Lodge that day or have made other arrangements to the mountain, please let the Trip Leaders know in advance. Trip leaders will announce how and when lift tickets will be distributed and will inform you of the departure time from the slopes back to the Lodge. BE ON THE BUS AT THIS TIME or you will have to make your own arrangements back to the Lodge.
12) On Saturday, after skiing, the bus will stop at the grocery store - time permitting. The bus will wait approximately 10 minutes and then leave. The Lodge is about a 5-minute walk, left from the shopping center, through town, over the bridge. There is no state liquor store in town, so plan your party needs ahead of time!
13) The cook is scheduled to serve Saturday night dinner in two seatings. Seating preferences will be noted when you sign up for the trip.
14) You will be assigned a cleanup chore (posted on the bulletin board). You are responsible to see that it gets done. Everyone is required to pitch in and help get the entire Lodge cleaned, everyone fed, packed and changed, the bus loaded and ready to go by 4:30PM. Pizza will be served at the Lodge Sunday afternoon before the trip home. After eating, you must clean up after yourself.
15) Drivers to the Lodge will be accepted on a “Wait” list when the Bus Trip opens. Once the bus roster is above the break-even point drivers WILL BE PERMITTED. Drivers on the “Wait” list, who signed up ahead of members taking the bus after the break-even point has been reached, will have preference. Drivers must pay for non-bus food on the weekend (2 breakfasts and dinner Saturday).
16) Anticipated arrival time back at Grumman is 10:00 P.M. Sunday.
17) Cancellation policy:
A. Cancel 10-30 days ahead, lose bus money plus $10.
B. Cancel 2-9 days ahead, lose bus and room money plus $10
C. Cancel within 2 days, lose bus, room, and food money plus $10
Remember NO CHILDREN ARE ALLOWED at the Lodge on bus trip weekends!
Return to home page